Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pizza and Cheesecake? Si Se Puede!

I was bad today and didn't work out. =( BUT I went to Zumba yesterday and I'm going to hit leg day hard tomorrow so I'm not gonna beat myself up about it. I promised y'all recipes today so here we go!

First and easiest is a tortilla pizza. Pretty simple and depending on your ingredients you can cater it to the level of healthy you want. I like the "carb balance" tortillas, they are only 80 calories a piece and high in fiber, which makes you feel more full. Put your oven on 350 and lightly brush one side of the tortillas with olive oil and add any garlic salt or seasonings you want. Put them in for 7-9 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. Pull them out and add your toppings. I used the no sugar added ragu(next time you make pasta, save a little bit of the sauce for pizza the next day or two), boneless skinless chicken breast shreds, one slice of bacon per pizza and reduced fat cheddar. Put those in the oven another 4-6 minutes depending on how many toppings you used. One of my pizzas was 256.7 calories, 15g fat 6g saturated fat and 18.8g protein! The carb balance tortillas are the small ones so I usually eat 2 of them. So for one meal it's just over 500 calories with 30g fat and 37g protein. Not stellar, but definitely better than the rough equivalent of eating 4 slices of chicken bacon pizza from papa johns- 1400 calories, 48g of fat and 20g saturated fat. 60g of protein but look at the cost! So yes, this is a good option if you like pizza but don't want to blow your whole day's worth of calories.

The next one is a new find that I have tried twice. Will found it on a body building forum. I've altered the recipe to fit a 9inch cake pan, because I wasn't going to buy the 6 inch pan that the OP used and I thought it was silly to use ALMOST all the cream cheese but not all of it.


16oz - Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese(2 8oz packages)
13oz - F age 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2/3 Cup egg substitute
1 Cup - Granulated Splenda
1/3 Cup - 1% Milk
1 1/2 Scoop - Trutein Vanilla Protein
1 1/2 tsp - Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp - Kosher salt

Directions: All ingredients at room temperature.

1. Preheat Oven to 325 - Prepare 9" cake pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
2. Cream Cheese in bowl - mix on medium until creamy
3. Add splenda - mix on medium until incorporated
4. Add eggs one at a time while on medium.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients - mix on medium for 3 minutes.
6. Pour in pan
7. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Turn oven to 200 for 50min - 1 hour. Remove and let cool on the counter. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

So, I never measured my vanilla or salt...or refrigerated overnight...haha. The original recipe called for eggs but we only had egg substitute which worked out because I had to increase the recipe by a fraction. Now, you can probably omit the protein and this would still be a fabulous cheesecake recipe but it won't have the flavor so if you take the protein out make sure to add something to make it tasty. In the cheesecake that's sitting in Will's fridge we used his "chocolate dipped strawberry" trutein and 4 tablespoons of chocolate PB2. It is SO GOOD! Stats for with the PB2(powdered peanut butter) are for 1/8 of the cheesecake: 133 calories, 0.5g fat and 20.3g protein. The first time I followed this recipe except we used Cinnabun Trutein(which is the bodybuilders choice brand of protein, apparently) 122 calories, 0.2g fat and 19.6g protein. Sooo last night Will and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the cheesecake factory and we split a piece of cheesecake. My stats on HALF of a slice? 464 calories, 19.5g fat and it doesn't have the protein for it. So yeah, this is a HUGE improvement, even disregarding the protein. This thread on the protein cheesecake had 51 pages of comments and suggestions on things you could do and pictures of all the cheesecakes people had made. Of course you can add a crust to it and you omit the parchment paper, but it's pretty tasty and I didn't even miss the crust.

So, a low maintenance recipe and a high maintenance one. haha. Hope y'all enjoy those, let me know in the comments if you make them! =) And just so y'all know, I'm still on track with my 2 lbs a week and am down 16 lbs from the beginning of the year and 38 lbs from my starting point! I'm gonna try to get someone to do my measurements soon so I can see exactly where I am. I am feeling stronger than I ever have and am confident that I've lost more fat than the scale shows. I'm starting to be able to see definite fat loss in my calves and to some extent my arms. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment